Monday, April 20, 2009

Sewing: I'm a beginner and putting in zippers terrify me so much I never dared do one. Should I feel this way?

Try pinning the zipper in first, then sewing over the pins with a needle and thread, then when you are satisfied with the way it looks you can sew with the machine. Try not to tug at the material. try not to be scared. Or be scared and do it anyway.


Start with cheap material on an easy skirt. Sew up the seam to where the zipper is supposed to go then put it in the way I showed you. Then join the other seams, its much easier when everything is flat and not joined up first.


Good luck. send me a pic when you%26#039;re done!

Sewing: I%26#039;m a beginner and putting in zippers terrify me so much I never dared do one. Should I feel this way?
You will never know unless you try...you can always take it out..don%26#039;t be like me and stop sewing when you can no longer make pants with elastic waists!!! LOL



home theater

No comments:

Post a Comment